The Castle of Karytaina:
It is located south of the village onto a cliff. The castle was built during the Frankish period, in the 13th century, by the French prince Geoffrey de Vrigier who used it as his headquarters. He was one of the most important fortresses of Peloponnese during the Frankish and Ottoman rule.
During the Revolution of 1821, it played an important role in the region, and in its castle settled Theodoros Kolokotronis, which he fortified it, built a house and church in it and used it as his base.
The view from the castle to the plain of Megalopolis is amazing.
The Church Zoodochos Pigi: It is located in the central square of the village and it was built in the 16th century. The church has an aisled bell tower with intense elements of the Frankish influence. It is considered as one of the most important in Greece and this is from the original church that dates back to the 14th century.
The St. Nicholas Church: Its is located northwest of Karytaina and dates from the 17th century. It is a basilica with a dome and inside are preserved very interesting frescoes.
At the top of the hill above the castle is the church Panagia Castle or the church of Kolokotronis featuring notable marble capitals. Notable is also the church of Saint Athanasios, Bishop Christianoupoleos -Karytainas. He is the patron saint of Karytaina and his memory is celebrated on May 17.
The Bridge of Alpheus: Near the village runs the Alpheus River with the impressive canyon that it forms. There, on the way to Megalopolis, below the modern bridge is the old bridge with 6 arches and a length of 50 meters. The bridge was built in the 13th century by the Franks and it was renovated around 1439-1440 at the expense of Manuel Raul Meliki.
Krines: At the entrance of Karytaina there is a beautiful vaulted fountain (krini) with an inscription that indicates the date 1922. Another remarkable fountain is located just outside the village, to the north. It is a beautiful vaulted stone fountain.
The Bridge of Atsicholos: You can admire the canyon created by Lousios river and the stone bridge Atsicholos which is on the road to the village Atsicholos, near the junction of the Alpheus.
Watermills: In the past, in the beautiful Karytaina operated fourteen water mills and a fulling mill. Of these one tetrafthalmos mill survives over the bridge, a very old mill under the bridge and opposite lies the remains third.
Ski Center Mainalo: In the mountains of Mainalo on the top of Ostrakina at an altitude of about 1770 meters is running a modern ski resort. Since the winter of 2004, the ski center has passed to the private company OSTRAKINA AETE.
Ski Center Mainalo has 8 great ski slopes, a special park for ATV motorbikes, central chalet for coffee or lunch, snowbar, shelter and four ski lifts. Its special position among the firs, the easy access, the great natural beauty and the rich flora and fauna make it particularly attractive.