– The Church of Agios Nikolaos,
(St. Nicholas) patron saint of the village. It is an imposing, stone-built church, one of the oldest buildings of the village and the biggest one in volume.
– The House-Museum
of poet K. Krystallis
– The monastery of Ai Lias
(Prophet Elias), with a splendid view.
– The folklore museum of Erminia Fotiadou
, where you can find out how the people of Syrrako used to live more than a century ago.
– The fountain Goura
, the centrally located multi-spout fountain, the most admired architectural creation in Syrrako. It is built in square shape and it has large and tall arches on its three sides. On the arches is based an impressive dome, carved with unique workmanship and skill. At its base, cool water flows from three stone spouts.
– The Kontol(ou) fountain
, the one with the most abundant water in Syrrako. The old fountain of Psallidas
, and the fountains Tsakiri, Samarias, Tsiokou, Mpozia, Matsioula, Kalogries, Sopato, Noutsi, M’danitsa etc.
– The monastery of Kipina, built in 1212 in a recess of the perpendicular rock face in the gorge of Kalarrytikos river. The monastery is dedicated to the Dormition of Virgin Mary.
– The monastery of Vyliza, located between Matsouki and Kalarrytes, on the north-western end of Tzoumerka mountains, over the junction of three tributaries of Arachthos river, at an elevation of 1050 m. The Monastery is a fortified building with crenellation. The interior of the church is decorated with murals dating back to 1797.
– The Church of Agios Nikolaos (St. Nicholas) built in the 15th century featuring an important wooden carved chancel screen and murals which, unfortunately, have been subjected to damage.
– The ecological park of the village using the flow of the Kalarrytikos river.
– The Red Church in the district of Palaiochori, also known as Panagia Vellas, an eminent Byzantine monument of Tzoumerka built in the end of the 12th century.
– The monastery of Agios Georgios, (St. George) which during the year of the Turkish and the German occupation had been a spiritual and religious centre supporting the people of Tzoumerka. The chieftains of the areas of Tzoumerka, Radovizi and Xiromeron gathered in this monastery to co-ordinate the fight for the proclamation of the Greek Revolution in 1821 in Arta. It is also the place where the people of Vourgareli took refuge when the Germans bombed and burnt down their village in 1943.
– The stone-built fountains “Archonto” and “Krystallo” with 4 and 7 spouts respectively, both characteristic landmarks of the village.
– The stone-built arched bridges, Neraidogephyro, under the playground at the location Barda and the bridge near the big fountain on the way to Athamanio.
– The Inglessios Library with rare books in its collection.
– The stone-built bridges “Tsagkaraki“, “Mega Lagathi” and “Alevrochia”
– The location “Stavros” with its impressive panoramic view.
– The large stone-tile paved square with the centuries old plane-tree.
– The famous “SOUDA” cataracts formed by the waters of the river Aspri Goura (a splendid view of two cataracts dropping from a height of 28m at a flow rate of 800 cub. metres per hour).
– The Holy Church of Agios Georgios (St. George) with the 17 impressive cupolas and the tall bell tower built in 1880.
– The Monastery of the Birth of Virgin Mary, built in 1793. The monastery served as a monitorial school in the times of the Turkish occupation and as a hideout for the patriot fighters, as a makeshift surgery facility and as a hospital during the German occupation.
– The stone-built single-arched bridge of Gouras river built in the beginning of the 19th century.
– The gorge of Acheloos river with rich flora.
– The stone-built bridge Kamara, a protected monument, in the stream called “Trochos” or “Souda”.
– The village Myrophyllo with houses of the 17th and 18th century.
– The monastery of Agios Georgios (St. George) in the village Myrophyllo, built in 1618 and decorated with rare murals.
– The Karalis Folklore Museum with 1800 exhibits. Its collection includes utensils of agricultural, pastoral and household use, weapons, local costumes, wood carvings, woven textiles, embroidery items, coins, tools of various professions and other artefacts of folklore art.
– The Monastery of Evangelistria (dedicated to the Annunciation of Virgin Mary) built around 1700, with splendid well-preserved murals.
– The Church of Agios Nikolaos (St. Nicholas) built in 1904 at the central square of the village.
– The Churches of Agios Markos (St. Mark) and Agios Kosmas (St. Cosmas) of Etolia.
– The two watermills at the location Goura, characterized as protected monuments, and the watermill at Agios Panteleimonas (St. Panteleimon).
– The watermill Mandania at Prophitis Ilias and Analipsi.
– The post-Byzantine monument of Agia Phaneromeni.
KATARRAKTIS worth visiting:
– The well-known monastery of Agia Ekaterini (St. Catherine) built in 1730 and rebuilt totally in 1827.
– The watermills
– The forest village and the Mikrospilia cave.
PLAKA BRIDGE worth visiting:
– The famous “Bridge of Plaka” built in 1866, a masterpiece of architecture, 61m long., 21m high, 3,20m wide at the highest point with a 40 m. central arch.
– The Monastery of Plaka or Monastery of Panagia Mouhoustiotissa of the 17th century, one of the most famous monasteries in the area, located on the eastern bank of Arachthos river. It is built on the edge of a cliff, overlooking the river, between the famous bridge bearing the same name and the village Raftaneoi. The murals of the main church date back to 1680, while the exact date of construction is unknown and the year of its reconstruction seems to be 1665.
RODAVGI worth visiting:
– The stone-tile roofed church of Agia Paraskevi, built in 1804 , with the wooden carved chancel screen of exceptional art and the stone-built bell tower.
– Arachthos river valley